How can I request a hearing?

To request a hearing, use the coupon on your notice of infraction. Your hearing options include:

  • A hearing to explain the circumstances: By requesting a mitigation hearing, you will be deemed to have committed the infraction. You may not subpoena witnesses for this hearing. You would request a mitigation hearing if you agree you committed the infraction but believe the circumstances may be such that the court could reduce or waive the penalty.
  • A hearing to contest the infraction: If you believe you did not commit the infraction then you should select a contested hearing. Unless you request the officer to be subpoenaed, the procedure at the hearing will be for the Judge to read the sworn statement and watch the video clip. Then you may testify or present any evidence or witnesses that you wish. If you want to have the officer or any technician present, you must advise the Clerk at the time you present your ticket or as soon thereafter as possible so the hearing can be appropriately scheduled.

Show All Answers

1. Why did I receive a ticket if I was taking a “free” right hand turn?
2. Will this go on my driving record or can I be arrested for this ticket?
3. What if the registered owner was not driving the vehicle at the time of the infraction?
4. What if I sold the car or the car was stolen?
5. What is the fine? Are there any fees for late payments?
6. Can I receive infractions for other offenses as a result of my red light camera infraction?
7. How do I pay my fine?
8. Can I view the images or video clip of the infraction?
9. What is the optimum connection speed when viewing my infraction online?
10. How can I request a hearing?
11. Can I have my hearing in writing, by mail?
12. How long does it take to get an infraction in the mail?