- Our Government
- Parks & Recreation
- Fountain Memorial Park
Fountain Memorial Park
Fountain Memorial Park was named after the historic Fife fountain built in the early 1900s.
Local businesses and individuals, led by Mayor Mike Kelley, donated materials and labor and built the park on its 30,000 square-foot parcel. The project began in 1999 after the Fife City Council decided to cancel construction of a city-funded “civic square” at the same location.
Fountain Memorial Park also helps link Fife’s other civic buildings. These include city hall, the community center, the aquatic center, Fife High School and the fire station.
The park is beautifully landscaped with flower beds, trees, shrubs and a large lawn area.
- This park is open year-round from 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.
- Location: 2015 54th Ave. E.
FOUNTAIN MEMORIAL RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY
sEPTEMBER 15, 2022
The City of Fife hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony to officially honor those who made a significant impact in the Fife Community. From police chiefs to original builders of our current structures, to small business owners in town, families and friends gathered for a night of remembrance, for a long-awaited plaque reveal. We are indebted to those who laid the groundwork for the great city we have today.
- The nominee must have been deceased for at least one year from the date of application.
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the Fife community, but need not have been a Fife resident.
- The nomination form includes three questions about the nominee. Each question must be answered in 300 words or less.
- The nominator must attend a Fife Park Board meeting to present a five- minute speech on why their nominee should be considered, and should be prepared to answer board members' questions about the nominee to the best of their ability.
- Nominators should bring additional documents, pictures, newspaper articles, etc. to present to the board.
Fountain Memorial RECIPIENTs
|William “Bill” Addy||Richard “Dick” Godwin||Gustaf Peterson|
|Ben Andre||David Hall||Donna Reetz|
|Roy Andre||Gordon Hopkins||Helen Rozenski-Brown|
|Willard Andre||Henry Hubbert||Toru Sakahara|
|Fred Bevegni, Sr.||Alberta Kaelin||Frank Schnider|
|Anders E. Bornander||Elmer “Bill” Kelley||Henry Sicade|
|Art Conduff||Eugene Louman||Yoshihiko Tanabe|
|Louis Dacca||John McAleer||Joe Vraves|
|Eva Felice||Robert Taro Mizukami||Glenn Welde|
|Joseph Felice||Andy Novak||William Henry Wilton|
|Helen Cleaver Gallagher Frederick||James Paulson|
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
To nominate someone for a plaque at Fountain Memorial Park, please complete this nomination form.
You may submit the form:
- Via email to the Fife city clerk at email@example.com.
- By mailing it to City Clerk, Fife City Hall, 5411 23rd St. E., Fife, WA 98424.
- In person at Fife City Hall.
Nomination forms must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 28.