The 2019 Fountain Memorial Nomination has closed. Check back for 2020 details.
To submit a nomination you must complete the form below and return to the Fife City Clerk located at the Fife City Hall, along with the essay portion stating why your nominee deserves to be honored with a plaque bearing their name on the Fife Memorial Fountain.
- 2020 form coming soon.
All 2019 Nomination forms must be received at Fife City Hall - 5411 23rd St. E - by
5 p.m. on Friday, March 1st, 2019.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 - Nomination forms are due to the City Clerk by 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - Nominators will give a brief oral presentation at the Park Board meeting at City Hall at 6 p.m. to about the person they are nominating.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - Fife City Council will decide whether or not they would like to move forward with the Park Board's recommendation for their top two applicants.
- The person being nominated must have been deceased for at least one year from the date of application
- The nominator must attend the March Park Board meeting and make a brief presentation regarding the person they are nominating
- The essay is a required as part of the nomination process
- The essay submitted with the nomination form should be two pages or less
- Topics for the essay may include, but are not limited to:
- A brief biography of the person you are nominating
- Why your nominee deserves to be honored
- A personal story regarding your nominee's impact on the city
- The presentation is limited to 5 minutes during the March Park Board meeting
- Special arrangements may be made to attend the April Park Board meeting if extenuating circumstances apply
- Nominators may bring additional documents, pictures, newspaper articles etc. to present to the park board
- The park board may ask questions regarding the person being nominated at the conclusion of the presentation