- Our Government
- Police Department
- Traffic Division
- Commercial Vehicle Division
Commercial Vehicle Division
Due to staffing constraints, the Commercial Vehicle Division within Fife PD has been temporarily suspended. Should you need additional information regarding compliance with commercial motor vehicle regulations as we continue to work towards reinstating this specialized segment of the Traffic Division, please visit Washington State Patrol.
The Commercial Vehicle Division (CVD) is a specialized segment of the Traffic Division.
We, the Commercial Vehicle Division, through education and enforcement, ensure compliance with commercial motor vehicle regulations, laws and ordinances to protect resources, prevent accidents, and save lives. The CVD monitors all truck traffic and ensures compliance with the weight restricted areas of the city. The City of Fife no longer issues its own oversized load permits, the city merely endorses and enforces the provisions of Washington State Permits (WSP).
The CVD works with the WSP and performs roadside CVSA Inspections randomly to ensure regulatory compliance and public safety. The CVD also participates in a countywide enforcement program with our neighboring cities and county agencies.
Attention: Truckers Needing Permits
View the Washington State Commercial Vehicle Guide and go to page 57 for a list of Permit Offices and Permit Agencies.
- 204-10 Equipment Standards
- 204-24 Traction Devices
- 204-38 Flashing Amber Lights
- 204-39 Trailer Tongue Lamps
- 204-44 Load Fastening Devices
- 204-46 Back Alert Devices
- 204-70 Standards for Connecting Devices
- 204-72 Standards for Lamps
- 204-76 Standards for Brake Systems
- 204-90 Minimum for Special Motor Vehicles
- 446-50 Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- 446-65 Commercial Motor Vehicle Regulations
- 46.25 Commercial Driver Licensing
- 46.32 Vehicle Inspections
- 46.37 Vehicle Lighting and Other Equipment
- 46.44 Size Weight and Load
- 46.48 Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- 46.61 Rules of the Road
- 46.73 Private Carrier Drivers
- 46.76 Motor Vehicle Transporters
- 46.79 Hulk Haulers & Scrap Processors
- 46.80 Vehicle Wreckers