Political Signs In Fife

Permits are not required for political signs and if they are located within the Rights-of-Way they can be removed without notice (Fife Municipal Code (FMC) 16.09.030). A general rule of thumb for right-of-way is typically the back side of the sidewalk, or behind a utility pole. Many times the road extends much further than the pavement, to utility boxes, power poles or stormwater drains are all usually considered within the ownership of the public and within the right-of-way.

Reading the “Prohibited Signs” section of our code is helpful (16.09.020). View the entirety of the City of Fife sign code (Title 16).