Public Records Request
Some public records are currently available on the City’s website at no cost. Examples include Council Meetings (current and past), Agendas, Minutes, Resolutions, Ordinances, Comprehensive Plan, and Budget.
If you have questions about obtaining public records or about the process, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (253) 922-2489.
City of Fife Public Records
To make a request for City department or Police records, please complete a Public Records Request Form (PDF). Requests can be submitted by email, mail, or in-person during regular business hours at:
City of Fife
Fife Police Department
Fife Municipal Court Records
The City of Fife does not have access to, or maintain court files. To request Court records, please submit a Request for Access to Court Files or Records [PDF] by:
- Mail or In-Person:
Fife Municipal Court
3737 Pacific Highway E, Suite 100
Fife, WA 98424
- Fax: (253) 926-5435
Please note, the Court does not correspond via e-mail. For questions, contact the Fife Municipal Court at (253) 922-6635, and select “0” to speak with an employee, or visit. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
South Sound 911 – for CAD logs (typed 911 logs) and 911 audio recordings (available up to 90 days from date of incident)
Puyallup Tribal Police Department – call (253) 573-7800
- The city is not required to create documents in order to comply with a request for specific information. Rather, the city must produce existing records for review and copying.
- The city is not obligated to compile information from various records so that information is in a form that is more useful to the requester.
- If a requester has not reviewed or claimed records within 30 days of notice that records are available, or fails to make payment, the request shall be deemed abandoned and closed.
- If requested records contain information that may affect rights of others, before providing the records, the Records Officer or designee may give notice and allow time for action by the other parties.
- After a request has been filled, if the Records Officer becomes aware of additional documents existing at the time of the request, these will be provided to the requester on an expedited basis.