What Does the City Manager Do?
Office of the City Manager
Welcome to the Office of the City Manager for the City of Fife. City Manager Hyun Kim supports the Council priorities of:
- Adequate and Sustainable Services
- Civic Engagement
- Community Connectivity
- Economic Health
- Environmental Stewardship
The City Manager is responsible for:
- Implementing the adopted policies of the Mayor and City Council by coordinating City services to meet the needs of all who live, conduct business, and play in the City of Fife.
- Under the leadership of the City Council, proposing policies and programs, carrying out directives voted by the City Council, and developing a long-range view of City problems, needs, goals, and objectives for consideration by the City Council.
- Preparing general rules and regulations necessary for the conduct of the administrative offices and departments of the City and supervising the preparation of the City’s budget and financial reports each fiscal year.
- In addition to the overall administration of City government, overseeing the Executive Department, which includes the Human Resources, City Clerk, Economic Development, and Information Technology divisions.