Fife Flood Evacuation Routes
Pierce County Emergency Management advises motorists and other residents to use extreme caution during this period and to heed directions by emergency officials. The following is advised:
– Fill vehicles with fuel and keep a sufficient quantity on hand to operate generators. Generator operation safety tips are available at www.metrokc.gov/prepare.
– Keep emergency supplies available including water, food, flashlights, warm clothing, blankets, battery-operated radio, batteries, medications and food/water for your pets.
– Contact family members and advise them to take precautions and to have an emergency communications plan.
– Secure items that may blow away or become damaged by winds.
– Stay off the roads if possible.
– Stay away from downed power lines.
– Use outdoor cooking equipment OUTSIDE ONLY.
– Keep unattended children and/or pets away from propane heaters, candles or other open flames.
– Only call 9-1-1 to report a life-threatening emergency.
More information is available at www.piercecountywa.org.
The EOC can be reached at 253-798-7470.