- Fife Lodging Tax Application 2017-18
- Lodging Tax Guidelines
- Fife Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Marketing Plan
- 2017-18 Lodging Tax Awards
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee FMCs
The City of Fife sets a tax on overnight stays in the City. This tax can only be used for tourism purposes. The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) advises the City Council on how to use this revenue.
State law requires cities with a lodging tax fund to establish an advisory committee, and identifies how the funds may be used. Lodging tax revenue may be used to: promote and operate events, locations, and activities for the purpose of attracting visitors; pay for capital costs of some tourism-related facilities; and fund the operation of visitor/convention agencies. The lodging tax is an excise (sales) tax authorized by state law in RCW 67.28. It is paid by people who stay overnight in a lodging establishment such as a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, or camp ground. The lodging tax in the City of Fife is currently 10.4 percent.
The City hosts an annual process, allowing businesses and citizens to propose ways to use the lodging tax revenue. The process works like this:
- May – The City publishes notice that it’s requesting proposals for how to spend lodging tax revenue.
- June – The application process closes and applications are reviewed by the Committee.
- July – The Committee makes recommendations to the Council about which proposals to fund.
- Oct – The City Council makes the final decision on which proposals to fund.
- Jan – Contracts are issued to carry out the proposals.
- Contractors submit reports on their projects throughout the year.
Full details are available in the Lodging Tax Guidelines.
The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is currently accepting proposals for special events and activities that will take place during the 2018 calendar year. You may download the Request for Proposal. If you have additional questions, please contact Laurel McQuade at 253-896-8606 or email@example.com
- March 6, 2017
- August 7, 2017 at 10 a.m. in Marian Wetsch City Hall- Agenda
In accordance with Fife Municipal Code, the Committee must be comprised of five to seven members: a Councilmember who serves as Chair; at least two representatives of lodging establishments in the City who collect the tax; and at least two representatives of activities authorized to be funded by the tax. The number of collectees must always be equal or more than the number of collectors.
- Tim Curtis,Councilmember
- Darshan (Shawn) Randhawa, Travelodge (lodging establishment)
- Debbie Dymarkowski, Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino & Sunshine Motel (lodging establishment)
- Bennish Brown, Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau (tourism promotion groups)
- Vacant, Fife History Museum (tourism promotion groups)
Economic Development & Marketing Program Manager
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424