The mission of the Fife Public Arts Commission is to identify and actively encourage the development and sustainability of the arts in the City by serving as the City’s primary resource in matters of public art and culture.
The City of Fife recognizes that support for artists and arts organizations, development and stewardship of public art, arts education, and cultural development are public necessities; as such, they are essential for the continuing growth and development of Fife’s citizens, economy, and quality of life. The Commission was established on March 22, 2011.
Fife Public Arts Commission meetings are typically held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Dacca Barn – 2820 54th Ave E. Please contact Laurel McQuade to confirm meeting schedules.
To the extent reasonably possible, the city shall seek representation on the commission from as many as possible of the following arts and professions: painting, sculpture, music, literature, architecture and landscape architecture, performing arts, tribal or city historian, and education, as well as lay members who have an interest in the artistic, tribal, and cultural development of the city. The city shall attempt to have one member from a recommendation from the Chamber of Commerce, one member from a recommendation from the Puyallup Tribe, one member to be a local school student interested in the arts, and one member to be an arts educator. However, any person, whether or not a Fife resident, may apply and be considered for membership on the commission. Members shall be selected without respect to political affiliations; however, a majority of the members shall at all times be either (1) Fife residents, (2) work in Fife, or (3) own a business in Fife. Two of the positions on the commission shall be filled only by Fife residents; however a vacancy in either of those two positions shall not affect whether or not the commission can have a quorum for purposes of transacting business.
- Jeanne Howe, Resident
- Danielle Twichel, Student
- Julie Watts, Fife Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Mizu Sugimura, Resident
- Kendra Danielson, Arts Educator
- Lisa Strauss, Business Community Member
- Lily Hu, Artist
- 01 January 11 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 04 April 9 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 06 June 13 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 08 August 8 2012 Arts Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 09 September 08 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 09 September 28 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 10 October 10 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 12 December 12 2012 Arts Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf
Economic Development & Marketing Specialist
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424