Boards and Commissions are groups of citizens and interested individuals that advise the City Council on important topics. The decisions reached by these groups are passed on to the City Council as recommendations. Some board and committee positions are appointed by the City, while others are open to residents via an application process. Please contact the listed contact person if you have questions regarding a particular board or commission.
List of Boards and Commissions
- Arts Commission
- The mission of the Fife Public Arts Commission is to identify and actively encourage the development and sustainability of the arts in the City by serving as the City’s primary resource in matters of public art and culture.
- Civil Service Commission
- The Civil Service Commission is responsible for the recruitment, testing, hiring and promotion of Fife Police Department employees.
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- Fife’s Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) was established to advise the City Council on how to use City lodging tax revenue for tourism purposes.
- Planning Commission
- The Fife Planning Commission reviews staff proposals, holds public hearings, and submits recommendations to the City Council on amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, development plans, and area-wide zoning proposals and text amendments.
- PRCS Board
- The PRCS Board advises the Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) Department on issues related to parks, community events, community facilities, and recreational programming.
- Tree Commission
- The Tree Commission works on evaluation, education, and landscaping of trees within the City of Fife. This ensures that Fife’s trees improve the quality of life for its citizens and that the trees will be around for future generations to enjoy.
- Website Advisory Board
- The Website Advisory Board advises the City Council and City staff on new and existing changes to the City of Fife website.
- Youth Commission
- The Youth Commission shall be responsible for encouraging full and active participation in government by the young people of the community; establishing a forum for meaningful open communications among young people; establishing a direct communications link between young people of the city and City Council; and promoting and developing leadership skills of Youth Commission participants.
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424
- General Board and Commission Application