The City of Fife currently has openings on the Fife Planning Commission, Public Arts Commission and Youth Commission. If you are interested in becoming more involved with your community and would like to serve, please fill out and submit the following application.
You can submit your application via email to email@example.com or send to City of Fife, 5411 23rd Street E., Fife WA 98424.
Boards and Commissions are groups of citizens and interested individuals that advise the City Council on important topics. The decisions reached by these groups are passed on to the City Council as recommendations. Some board and commission positions are appointed by the City, while others are open to residents via an application process.
List of Boards and Commissions
- Arts Commission
- The mission of the Fife Public Arts Commission is to identify and actively encourage the development and sustainability of the arts in the City by serving as the City’s primary resource in matters of public art and culture.
- Civil Service Commission
- The Civil Service Commission is responsible for the recruitment, testing, hiring and promotion of Fife Police Department employees.
- Lodging Tax Advisory Commission
- Fife’s Lodging Tax Advisory Commission (LTAC) was established to advise the City Council on how to use City lodging tax revenue for tourism purposes.
- Planning Commission
- The Fife Planning Commission reviews staff proposals, holds public hearings, and submits recommendations to the City Council on amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, development plans, and area-wide zoning proposals and text amendments.
- Parks Advisory Board
- The Fife Parks Advisory Board advises the Parks & Recreation Department on issues related to parks, community events, community facilities, and recreational programming.
- Tree Advisory Board
- The Tree Advisory Board works on evaluation, education, and landscaping of trees within the City of Fife. This ensures that Fife’s trees improve the quality of life for its citizens and that the trees will be around for future generations to enjoy.
- Youth Commission
- The Youth Commission shall be responsible for encouraging full and active participation in government by the young people of the community; establishing a forum for meaningful open communications among young people; establishing a direct communications link between young people of the city and City Council; and promoting and developing leadership skills of Youth Commission participants.
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424
- General Board and Commission Application