- Check Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Financial Crimes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Identity Theft Prevention
- Identity Theft Vicitms
- Leave A Crime Tip
- Report A Financial Crime
We dedicate ourselves to providing complete and thorough investigations while protecting victims’ rights.
The primary objective of the Detective Division of the Fife Police Department is to reduce the rate of crime by arresting those responsible for committing crimes in our community.
The Detective Division is currently managed by a Lieutenant. There are currently four detectives assigned to this Division.
The Detective Division becomes involved in a case in different ways. After a verbal report is made by a citizen to a patrol officer, a report is written. When the Officer has completed the report, it is forwarded onto the Detective Division. Some of the criteria used to determine which cases merit follow-up investigation includes suspect information, witness statements, vehicle information, physical evidence, method of operation and crime patterns. Not all cases are automatically assigned to a Detective to investigate.
The following is a list of the possible crimes to be investigated and a brief description:
Crimes against Persons
- Sex Crimes – all sexual assault cases against juveniles and adults, child pornography, and internet cases of the seduction of children
- Robbery –kidnapping with ransom. They also investigate elder physical abuse
- Homicide – all murders, manslaughter, questionable deaths,
Crimes against Property
- Auto Theft – crime involving the theft of automobiles, trucks, boats, and motorcycles.
- Burglary – both commercial and residential burglary crimes as well as general theft and larceny.
- Financial/Computer Crimes – major white-collar crimes including: identity theft, fraud, embezzlement, forgery, computer crime, as well as check and credit card offenses, and elder finance abuse.
- Sex Offender Registrations – implementing the State Law regarding the registration and monitoring of all local sex offenders in the City of Fife. Pierce County Registered Sex Offender Search
Fife Police Department
3737 Pacific Hwy E
Fife, WA 98424
Phone: (253)896-8281 or (253)922-6633 ext #2