Join us on September 9th, 2017 at Dacca Park for our Heroes for the Homeless 5K!
The City of Fife is looking for heroes in the Puget Sound area to help keep students of the Fife School District in the classroom and off the streets with the Heroes for the Homeless 5K fun-run event on Saturday, September 9 from 9:30 a.m. to noon at Dacca Park.
All proceeds from the fun-run will benefit the Fife School District McKinney Vento Foundation chapter. The McKinney Vento Foundation provides products and services to the homeless youth in the Fife School District. As of 2016, 75 students in the Fife School District were either homeless or did not have access to stable housing. According to the Washington State Department of Commerce, 6,966 households with children in Pierce County were either homeless or lacked stable housing as of January 2016. Across the state that number rises to 39,480.
“This is a small first step that our city is taking to shed light on this epidemic and inspire members of our community to come together and find real and sustainable solutions,” said Sarah Patt, Chair of the City of Fife Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
The fun-run will also include a superhero costume contest, photo station with a superhero backdrop and food vendors.
What: Heroes for the Homeless 5K Fun-Run (cost includes a T-shirt)
- Individual Heroes — $10
- Justice League Teams — $25
- Teams over five will incur a $5 charge for each additional member
- Children ages five and under are FREE!
When: Saturday, September 9 from 9:30 a.m. to noonWhere: Dacca Park, 2820 54th Ave. E. Fife, WA 98424 (The parking lot will be closed during this time for the safety of those participating in the run.) View the route map here.
Ways to Register:
- Online Payments for an Individual or Group (additional instructions below)
- Mail-In Payment Form for an Individual or Group
- Mandatory Registration Form and Waiver/Release Form for every participant
- Bring this info with you to the race check-in at 9:30 to speed up the process!
- Register Via Phone: (253) 922-0900
- Register at the event on September 9
- Follow this Link, then:
- Select if you would like to register as an individual or group
- Click on “Create Account”
- Enter Required information such as Name, DOB, Address, Phone number, and Email address Information
- Once the account has been created, click on your name and press “add to cart”
- Click “Check Out”
- Select a T-shirt size
- Agree to the Event Waiver
- Enter Payment Information
- You are Registered!