If you would like to look up your court date online, please visit http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm. Select Fife Municipal Court, enter your name or case number exactly as it appears on your court papers or your name and click the search button. Your next court date will be retrieved from the database.
If you have just bailed from jail, please call the Court immediately to confirm your court time at 253-922-6635.
Showing up for Court is Mandatory
It is mandatory that you appear for all hearings set in your criminal case. If you do not appear at hearings your case will take longer and be more expensive for you to resolve. Should you fail to appear for a scheduled hearing the following things may occur:
- The Judge may issue a warrant for your arrest.
- When you are arrested you may be booked into jail.
- You may be required to post bail and/or appear before a Judge before you are released from jail.
- The Judge may decide to increase your bail and/or keep you in jail until your case goes to trial or is otherwise resolved.
- If you post bail and fail to appear at a future hearing, the Judge can order that your bail be kept by the Court and not be returned at the conclusion of your case.
Criminal Warrant OptionsWarrant Suspension
You may be eligible for a warrant suspension if you meet the criteria outlined below. Upon qualifying, you will need to pay a $100.00 suspension fee. After you pay the fee, a new court date will be set. When you appear for your court date, the suspended warrant will be recalled. This option is not available for the following:
- Physical Control
- Assault and Domestic Violence Charges
- Court Compliance Monitoring Violations
- Pre-trial Release Violations
- Cash Only Warrants
- Cases in Active Bond Forfeiture Status
After the court receives cash bail or a bond on your case, your missed hearing will be rescheduled. If the bonding company will be delivering or mailing the bond to the Court, please make sure you contact the Fife Count at 253-922-6635 to verify your address is current. Once the bail is posted, a hearing date will be mailed to you.Turn Yourself into Police
You can go to the Fife Police Department, located at 3737 Pacific Highway East. The Police Department will take you into custody. Your hearing date is generally scheduled for the next judicial day.
If you miss a court date for an infraction, an FTA (failure to appear) may be issued against your license. Your license will be suspended within approximately thirty (30) days of the FTA issue date. You need to contact the Court immediately to learn about your options available, 253-922-6635.