As of April 1st, 2016 the City of Fife will no longer be a Passport Acceptance Agency. Please visit the following website to obtain additional information on how to obtain a Passport: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html
If you are looking for an acceptance agency near you, feel free to use the following link: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
After April 1st, all Passport questions should be directed to your local acceptance agency, the website (above) OR to 1-877-487-2778.
All applicants regardless of age must appear in person when applying for a passport. If a child is under the age of 16, both parents are required to be present and sign the application. If a child is 16 but not yet 18, only one parent is required to be present.
1. Passport Application
Please fill out but DO NOT SIGN a passport application and bring it with you to your appointment.
If you are renewing your passport, please check our Passport Renewals section – you may have to fill out a different form and submit it by mail.
Download Passport Application (DS-11) for new passports.
2. Proof of Citizenship
You need only ONE of the following document to prove your citizenship:
- Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate issued by State, County or City, OR
- Previous passport (check renewals section to see if you can renew in the City of Fife), OR
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Photo copies are not acceptable
3. Photo Identification
ACCEPTABLE forms of identification – please bring one of these:
- Driver’s license
- no temporary or learner’s permits accepted
- Government employee identification card
- Official military identification card
- FAA aircraft pilot’s license
UNACCEPTABLE forms of identification – please DO NOT bring any of these:
- Social security card
- Medicare card
- Credit card
- Voter registration card
- Club membership card
4. Passport Photos
- One current 2 inch by 2 inch photo, taken within the last 6 months
- The photo must have a clear front view of your face with no hats or glasses
- You must appear against a white background
5. Passport Fees – Varies
You can choose to get a passport book or a passport card. A passport card is the size of a credit card and is only valid when entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry.
Only the passport book is valid for international travel by air.
|Age||Passport Book||Passport Card|
|Adult – 16 or over||$110.00||$30.00|
|Child – Under 16||$80.00||$15.00|
Per the Bureau of Consular Affairs, processing time for routine applications is 6 weeks. For an additional fee, the processing time can be expedited to 3 weeks.
|Expedited Processing (optional)|
These passport fees must be paid to the federal government. They can be paid in either of these ways:
- check maybe payable to "The Department of State"
- money order made payable to "The Department of State"
Cash or credit card are not accepted for this fee.
- credit or debit card
- money order may payable to "City of Fife"
If you can answer "yes" to all of these questions, you can renew your passport by mail.
- Can you submit your most recent passport?
- Was your previous passport issued on or after your 16th birthday?
- Was your previous passport issued within the past 15 years?
- If you have had a name change, can you submit a certified copy of the document (not the original) from the entity that authorized you change of name?
To renew your passport by mail, please submit a Passport Renewal Form (DS-82).