The City of Fife is an officially recognized passport acceptance facility, allowing us to assist with applications for U.S. Passports. Passport applications are accepted by appointment only.
We can only take applications for new passports and certain renewals. If you are renewing your passport, please check our renewals section to see whether you can apply through the City of Fife or if you have to renew by mail.
Scheduling An Appointment
Until further notice, the City of Fife will be limiting the amount of passport appointments that are processed. Also, there will be NO Wednesday passport appointments at this time.
If you are interested in scheduling a Passport processing appointment, please contact us as soon as possible – appointments fill up very quickly. Thank you!
To apply for a passport, you must schedule an appointment in advance.
Contact us with questions or to schedule your appointment in any of these ways:
- Call the City of Fife Passport line at (253) 896-8691
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come visit us at Fife City Hall in person.
Your appointment will be at:
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424
To apply for a U.S. passport through Fife, you must bring six things to your appointment:
- Passport Application
- Proof of Citizenship
- Photo Identification
- Passport Photos
- Passport Fees
- Processing Fees
All applicants regardless of age must appear in person when applying for a passport. If a child is under the age of 16, both parents are required to be present and sign the application. If a child is 16 but not yet 18, only one parent is required to be present.
1. Passport Application
Please fill out but DO NOT SIGN a passport application and bring it with you to your appointment.
If you are renewing your passport, please check our Passport Renewals section – you may have to fill out a different form and submit it by mail.
Download Passport Application (DS-11) for new passports.
2. Proof of Citizenship
You need only ONE of the following document to prove your citizenship:
- Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate issued by State, County or City, OR
- Previous passport (check renewals section to see if you can renew in the City of Fife), OR
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Photo copies are not acceptable
3. Photo Identification
ACCEPTABLE forms of identification – please bring one of these:
- Driver’s license
- no temporary or learner’s permits accepted
- Government employee identification card
- Official military identification card
- FAA aircraft pilot’s license
UNACCEPTABLE forms of identification – please DO NOT bring any of these:
- Social security card
- Medicare card
- Credit card
- Voter registration card
- Club membership card
4. Passport Photos
- One current 2 inch by 2 inch photo, taken within the last 6 months
- The photo must have a clear front view of your face with no hats or glasses
- You must appear against a white background
5. Passport Fees – Varies
You can choose to get a passport book or a passport card. A passport card is the size of a credit card and is only valid when entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry.
Only the passport book is valid for international travel by air.
|Age||Passport Book||Passport Card|
|Adult – 16 or over||$110.00||$30.00|
|Child – Under 16||$80.00||$15.00|
Per the Bureau of Consular Affairs, processing time for routine applications is 6 weeks. For an additional fee, the processing time can be expedited to 3 weeks.
|Expedited Processing (optional)|
These passport fees must be paid to the federal government. They can be paid in either of these ways:
- check maybe payable to "The Department of State"
- money order made payable to "The Department of State"
Cash or credit card are not accepted for this fee.
6. Processing Fees – $25
In addition to the passport fee, a $25.00 processing fee must be paid to the City of Fife. The fee can be paid in any of these ways:
- credit or debit card
- money order may payable to "City of Fife"
If you can answer "yes" to all of these questions, you can renew your passport by mail.
- Can you submit your most recent passport?
- Was your previous passport issued on or after your 16th birthday?
- Was your previous passport issued within the past 15 years?
- If you have had a name change, can you submit a certified copy of the document (not the original) from the entity that authorized you change of name?
If you CANNOT answer "yes" to all of these questions, you can make an appointment to apply in person at Fife City Hall as a first-time applicant, pay the appropriate fees, and submit your previous passport.
To renew your passport by mail, please submit a Passport Renewal Form (DS-82).