1. What level is my child on?
The on-deck site supervisor can let you know what level your child is on as well as answer any questions pertaining to your child’s progress that you may have.
2. What does my child need to do to pass their level?
Please visit www.cityoffife.org/aquatics and click on swim lesson information to view our videos detailing all of our levels and skills.
3. How do you join FAST?
Once a swimmer has passed level 10 in our swim lesson program they are eligible to try out for FAST. Please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign-up on the FAST tryout sheet posted on the FAST bulletin board on the pool deck.
4. Can we request an instructor?
Yes! Requests can be made at the front desk or during the registration process. Instructor requests are not guaranteed and are dependent on instructor availability.
5. What are private lessons and what are the benefits?
Private lessons are 30 minutes of one-on-one instruction. These lessons can be beneficial in helping swimmers that are stuck on a specific skill or those who are overcoming a fear of the water.
6. What happens after level 10?
Swimmers can continue to take lessons after level 10 to work on endurance and technique. Pre competitive private lessons are also available. Another option is to schedule a tryout for our competitive swim team, FAST.
7. What are partial passes? Do they transfer over sessions?
Partial passes are recorded when a swimmer passes some but not all of a level. Partial passes are carried over for swimmers who are registered for consecutive sessions.
8. Does my child need to wear a swim diaper?
Anyone age 2 and under, and those who are not yet toilet trained must wear a swim diaper with a protective covering.
9. Is the pool strictly salt water or is there chlorine in it as well?
Here at the Fife Aquatic Center we use a salt cell to generate chlorine for our hot tub and pools. The Health Department mandates that all public pools maintain a certain chlorine level. We achieve this through use of a salt cell rather than traditional chlorine.
10. Are there any classes offered besides swim lessons?
The Aquatic Center offers additional classes such as Learn to Paddle Board, Paddle Board Yoga, LAFF and Adult Swim Lessons.
11. Do you have scholarships available?
Yes, we have scholarship opportunities available for low-income families. Applications are available at the front desk.
12. Do you offer a military discount?
Yes, for lap swim and rec swim there is a discounted military rate.
13. What are the temperatures of the hot tub and pools?
The hot tub is kept at about 102o, the lesson pool at 89o and the lap pool at 85o
14. How long is the lap pool?
25 yards or 75 feet.