CouncilMember, Position 3 - Glenn Hull
Glenn, his wife Jennifer, and two sons have been residents of the City of Fife since 2005. Glenn began serving on the City Council in February of 2008. After being elected to his second full term this past November, Glenn became the 10th Mayor of the City of Fife after a vote by his peers. He is very grateful for the support of the citizens and his friends on the Fife City Council.
His position is part-time, in theory. However, Glenn's dedication to improving communication and coordination throughout the Puget Sound Region keeps him busy full-time. Glenn has earned the Advanced Certificate of Municipal Leadership from the Association of Washington Cities and holds a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Urban Studies from the University of Washington Tacoma. As a self-proclaimed General in "Yonn's Army," Councilmember Hull is actively engaged in implementing many of the concepts taught to him by the faculty at UWT.
As Chair of the Pierce County Regional Council (PCRC), Glenn has reenergized the organization and set goals to improve the organizations external voice, and the coordination between the staff and elected leaders representing Pierce County, her 23 cities and towns, and the Port of Tacoma. Glenn also participates in many other regional organizations: the Pierce Transit Board of Commissioners, South Sound 911 Policy Board, and the Puget Sound Regional Council's Growth Management Policy Board to name a few.
His involvement with these regional organizations is fueled by a desire to strengthen intergovernmental relations between Fife and its Puget Sound neighbors. Glenn believes that utilizing smart growth and regional planning will attract businesses to the area and improve the quality of life for Fife residents. He is committed to a proactive, transparent and accessible government and is a strong advocate for parks and youth.
- Liason, Pierce County Regional Council (PCRC)
- Liaison, Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC)
- Alternate, Fife Historical Society Board
- Alternate, Tree Commission
- Alternate, Valley Cities Mayors and City Administrators
- Fife City Mayor
- Fife Mayor Pro Tem
- Chair of the Pierce County Regional Council
- 10+ years as a sales representative for various retail and wholesale mortgage companies
- Veteran, United States Navy; served aboard the USS New Orleans (LPH-11) as an Aviation Boatswain's Mate Handler
- BA, Urban Studies, University of Washington Tacoma
- Coordinator, Washington State Prescription Pill Drug Disposal (P2D2) Program
- Active member, Fife Milton Edgewood Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Group
- Alumnus, Phi Chapter of Sigma Pi Fraternity
- Strong advocate for men and women serving our country
- Married to wife, Jennifer; two sons
- Enjoys golf, fishing, and the challenge of being a role model for his sons
- Enjoys umpiring youth and adult fast pitch softball for the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) and Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA)
6712 Park Street E.
Fife, WA 98424