Civil Service Commission
The Civil Service Commission works with the Civil Service Division and is responsible for the recruitment, testing, hiring and promotion of Fife Police Department employees under Fife Municipal Code 2.52.
The following positions are governed by Civil Service Commission rules:
- Corrections Officer
- Corrections Officer - Lateral
- Police Officer
- Police Officer - Lateral
- Communications/ Records Officer
- Police Clerk
- Police Service Specialist
Civil Service Commission Vacancy
The City of Fife is now accepting applications to fill vacancies on the Civil Service Commission. This is a volunteer opportunity. Interested residents can download an application.
The Regular Fife Civil Service Commission meeting for September 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm has been cancelled due to lack of business.
Second Wednesday of each month, 4:00 p.m., Fife City hall (when there is pending business); additional meetings as needed
The City Manager appoints three residents of the City of Fife to serve on the Civil Service Commission. Each commissioner serves a six year term without compensation and may not hold any salaried public office or engage in City employment during his or her term. Commissioners' terms do not run consecutively. Only two commissioners of the same political party are allowed. The Commission appoints a secretary/Chief Examiner who: attends all Commission meetings; maintains and certifies minutes and records; prepares and maintains a complete record of each examination for submittal to the Commission; and performs other functions as assigned.
- Bob Thornhill, Chair
- Jay Marks
- Kory Edwards
- 04 April 9 2012 Special Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 05 May 14, 2012 CS Regular Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 05 May 30 2012 Special Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 06 June 11, 2012 CS Regular Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 07 July 9, 2012 Regular Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 07 July 23 2012 Special Meeting Minute.pdf
- 08 August 13, 2012 Cancelled Regular Meeting.pdf
- 09 September 10 2012 Cancelled Regular Meeting.pdf
- 10 October 8 2012 Regular Minutes.pdf
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424