City of Fife Government
The City of Fife uses a council-manager form of government, where an elected city council makes decisions for the city, and an appointed city manager carries out those decisions and oversees the daily operation of the city. The Mayor is the lead councilmember, and serves as chair of the council. This form of government is described in Chapter 35A.13 RCW. Boards and Commissions give the citizens of Fife a way to be involved in specific areas of Fife's decision making process.
Parts of Government and Their Responsibilities
- City Council and Mayor - Make policy, approve budgets, and make appointments
- Boards and Commissions - Advise City Council on topics of interest
- City Manager - implements Council decisions, administer city
- Operating Departments - Provide services to Fife's citizens, follow direction of City Manager
The City holds regular public meetings and keeps records of those meetings. We welcome you to participate in these meetings and view these documents. Learn more about City meetings.
Fife will be a vibrant destination with a healthy balance between residential, commercial, and industrial uses, all of which are interconnected with green infrastructure and open space that supports a great quality of life.
The City of Fife shall maintain and enhance the quality of life for its constituents and bring to the Fife Community better things for better living through excellence in public service by commitment to the following ideals:
- Maintain an open, responsive government to keep the public informed.
- Promote a positive image of the City of Fife.
- Continue to provide safety and security to the citizens.
- Protect and improve its land base and infrastructure through balanced planning and development.
- Assure responsible management of the City's resources.
- Seek excellence in all endeavors and cherish the trust of constituents.
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424